Saturday, January 2, 2010

Words of Encouragement



I just thought I'd share some things I've heard/read recently that made me feel good. I threw on some pics of things that make me happy.

First though, just a quick anecdote from my run this morning. I like winter running when it's not super cold. It was so beautiful today, I did an extra 1.4 miles cause I was just enjoying being out. So, on the corner of 2700 S & 500 E, while I'm waiting for the light to change this guy says to me, "You must be a track star." After I stopped laughing I said, "No, just an amateur." and wished him a nice day. I should have told him how much I liked his jean jacket. Bringing the 80's back. Nice.

So here's a poem I read in an article in the Ensign:

Grow old along with me!
The best is yet to be,
The last of life, for which the first was made:
Our times are in his hand
Who saith, "A whole I planned,
Youth shows but half; trust God:
See all, nor be afraid!"

--Robert Browning



Got my dreams, got my life, got my love
Got my friends go the sunshine above
Whay am I making this hard on myself
When there's so many beautiful reasons I have to be happy

--Natasha Bedingfield, chorus to "Happy"

I got a pocket, got a pocketful of sunshine
I got a love and I know that it's all mine
Do what you want but you're never gonna break me
Sticks and stones are never gonna shake me

--Natasha Bedingfield, "Pocketful of Sunshine"

The sun has left and forgotten me
It's dark, I cannot see
Why does this rain pour down
I'm gonna drown
In a sea
Of deep confusion

Somebody told me, I don't know who
Whenever you are sad and blue
And you're feelin' all alone and left behind
Just take a look insdie and you will find

You gotta hold on, hold no through the night
Hang on, things will be all right
Even when it's dark
And not a bit of sparkling
Sing-song sunshine from above
Spreading rays of sunny love

Just hang on, hang on to the vine
Stay on, soon you'll be divine
If you start to cry, look up to the sky
Something's coming up ahead
To turn your tears to dew instead

And so I hold on to his advice
When change is hard and not so nice
You listen to our hear the whole night through
Your sunny someday will come one day soon to you

--Pink Martini, "Hang on Little Tomato"

No comments: