Monday, March 16, 2009

Why not

Jobs are not plentiful. They do not pay well right now. They get hundreds of applicants. That being the case, I've decided to pack my backpack and take off for China for three weeks. I don't have to really worry about the job thing until at least May. Then I can panic.

So, my general plan is land in Hong Kong head to Yangshou/Guilin. Hike, bike, kayak, see some minority villages. Then it's off to Chengdu. I plan to spend three days hiking the Budhist holy mountain Emei Shan. Then catch a train to Xian and see the sights--Terra Cotta warriors, etc. I also want to see the Museum that has the Helen Foster Snow collection. I worked on her manuscript collection when I worked at the BYU Special Collections and got to help host the International Symposium when we finished. Finally, I will go to Beijing where I'm staying with my family's Swedish exchange student from high school. I would really like to hike the Great Wall and stay overnight, but that's pending finding someone to do it with.

Hahaha, let's see what I really am all able to do the 23 days I'm out and about.

No comments: