Sunday, February 8, 2009

Finally


Kelly & I finally went to the Burger Bar. We've been talking about going for at least 2 years now. There's no indoor seating and we picked a perfectly frigid day to go, but the food was everything we dreamed it would be. I had a peanut butter cup shake and it was divine. Some of the best shakes ever. Tony's strawberry shake was to die for. You would think it was summer with the ripe strawberry flavor except that you were freezing inside and out.


All I had was a burger, fries (didn't even eat them all), and the shake and I was full (bloated) all day. I haven't been eating a lot of burgers and fries lately so it was lovely while I was eating it but seriously, it took forever to digest. I ate some berries later for dinner, but that was it.







Also, I finally went snowshoeing this weekend. I have wanted to try snowshoeing forever. I even bought a pair of used ex-rentals from REI last year but still never went.
I'm dumb enough to consider going on my own, but not dumb enough to actually go on my own. For sure I would end up in an avalanche disappear mysteriously until some hikers found me the next spring. I just don't want to inflict that kind of emotional damage to hikers. Bikers or skiers, sure, but not hikers.
We went on the Mill D trail up to Donut Falls. It's this hole in a sort of rocky cave like area. It's totally a cave in the winter with all the snow piled up on it. Very cool. I plan to go back if not again on snowshoes, then in the summer as a hike.

No comments: