Monday, December 27, 2010

Adieu 2010


Here is an attempt at a brief list of accomplishments, major events, or dumb stuff I enjoyed doing in 2010.
  • Ran my 2nd marathon, took 39 mins off my previous time
  • Was runner 10 in the Wasatch Back Relay which means I ran "the Ragnar" leg--4 miles almost straight up
  • Rode the Tour de Cure 65 miler--longest ride to date
  • No pants ride (see my blog posting for details, good times)
  • Survived cousins slumber party at my house (4 kids one adult)
  • Formed a jazz band (will be performing in 2011)
  • Saw Muse in concert and lived to tell the tell
  • Finished 1/2 of an Associates degree program in Fitness Tech at SLCC while continuing to work full time
  • Got a dog (possibly my favorite thing I did this year, my little Milly makes me smile everyday) (however, if I had known how much work it would be beforehand (because I had to go back to the office to work and I expected some hardship but you don't "get" the separation anxiety problems until you see it, etc) I may not have got a dog, but I'm really glad I did because she's worth all the trouble. I really like taking care of her even when it is a less fun task like cleaning up dog vomit at 4 in the morning)(Plus when I think of the conditions she lived through before being rescued it makes me so sad. Rescued dogs are probably more work because of the psychological condition of the animals but is also so satisfying to see them start to trust again and improve. Besides, when have I ever picked the "normal" way of things?)

That's about all I can think of right now. After I started school that took over my life pretty good. I was not able to take an international trip with Misti due to that and a major work project she had so that will be moved to 2011.

Even better than my "accomplishments", I think I enjoyed just spending time with my awesome friends and family this year.

No comments: