Monday, April 5, 2010

Muse part 1

I am going to Muse tonight! I can't tell you exactly why, but they are my favorite band. There's something in their music that just resonates with me. Well, maybe I know.

There are actually some definite classical influences to their music. Most people may not know this but I love classical music. Rarely does any other music move me emotionally like the best classical music. Some of their songs aren't just influenced but have whole themes or passages straight from a classical piece. United States of Eurasia borrow a little Chopin (one of my favorite pianist, how can you go wrong?).

They also appeal to my non-conformist side. I think it's safe to say a lot of their lyrics are fairly anarchist. I'm not an anarchist, but I can handle a little anti-establishitarianism from time to time.

They put a lot of drama into their music. I like that. I read somewhere something to the point that their albums are like a soundtrack to the Apocalypse. Awesome. Does it get any more hardcore than that?

Also, in my opinion, they have the best music video ever made--Knights of Cydonia. It's a post-apocalyptic, sci-fi, wester, kung fu. Enough said.

We've already had a little drama leading up to the concert. Somebody in the group lost their ticket. Not me! I know that sounds like me but it wasn't me. I was pretty sick about it until I found out they could re-issue our tickets.

I'm trying really hard to not get overly excited for how awesome the concert is going to be. I don't want to be disappointed at all. I'm just going to go and enjoy some live music. If I hear some of my favorite songs, it's all good.

No comments: