Tuesday, December 22, 2009

The Sound of Music

A couple of weekends ago I went to the Sound of Music singalong. It was one of the most delightful experiences of the year. Delightful experiences are very rare. Fun is easy to find, but things that are delightful or rapturous, or blissful are not as easy to find.



Here I am in my homemade dirndl. You can't tell, but I have two braided buns on top.

I smiled the whole time. My cheeks hurt from smiling so much. They gave us goodie bags too with stuff to use during the show. During Edelweiss, you had little white flowers to wave. There were bells to ring and feathers to throw in part of My Favorite Things. My personal favorite was the confetti poppers for after Maria & Von Trapp kiss for the first time. Mmmm, mmm, mmm.

Other fun little parts were whenever the Baroness showed up or even her name was seen everyone would hiss. Nazis or nazi flags got boos. Everyone cheered for Maria of course. And whenever little Gretel said stuff everyone would ahhhh.

And of course we could sing a long. The words to the song showed up on the screen with the movie. It was like when you're in your car alone and sing to your hearts content only you're in a theater full of people also singing. Very enjoyable.

No comments: