Friday, February 12, 2010

A Little Jog Around Denver


I'm in Denver for the First Year Experience Conference. I had some down time and went for a little 10.6 mile run around the city. I was actually supposed to go for 11-12 miles today, so technically I slacked.

It was still a nice way to see a lot of the city. I wish I could have taken a camera with me. One of my favorite things to do when I'm traveling is just walking around and looking at houses and buildings. All the pictures here were from later when I went out for dinner.

I found a route on the Internet that I followed. I made a few detours around streets that looked like they had cool buildings but this is the route if I hadn't wandered. I went from my hotel on 15th & Glenmare over to Washington. Down to 6th. Up Josephine to the City Park. I ran through the park over to Colorado. Up to Martin Luther Blvd. Back down Josephine. Over 22nd. Back on Washington. Then 16th to Glenmare. I liked this route. I recommend it.
I don't know what the weather is like all the time in the winter but it was quite nice today. It was supposed to hit 45 deg. That's pretty good for running. It was a bit windy, and running into the wind was chilly. I wore running tights, shirt, long sleeve shirt, and gloves. I probably could have used a hat to take the edge off the wind. I was led to believe this is fairly typical weather here.

One of the highlights so far was finding the REI. It's huge. I thought I had died and gone to heaven. I had to try really hard to not buy a bunch of clearance gear. Mostly cause I don't have space for it in my suitcase. It's in an old brick wear house. In front they have a dirt course where you can try out bikes. Very cool.

1 comment:

Sara Jensen said...

When a ten-mile run is slacking for me I will know that I am officially as awesome as you are! Great pictures, I've never been to Denver.