Friday, June 4, 2010

School

I'm back in school. I have been talking about doing it for 2 years and I finally pulled the trigger. I made up my mind and got enrolled all in 3 weeks. Crazy. I'm enrolled in the Associates program for Fitness Technician. I'm also doing the Yoga Instructor Certification course. I have it mapped out for 4 terms and plan to go year round, obviously starting this summer.

I just finished my first summer class. I had a three week Anatomy & Physiology class. Four hours 4x a week. It was intense. I had a great, engaging instructor though and I actually retained quite a bit. I totally got an A. Wahoo! I like to start with some momentum. I actually have a kind of funny story about the day we learned about the endocrine system, but I'm not going to share it. lol.

It's been a while since I've been in school, but I remembered what nerd I am. I really like school. It's a bit much to work full-time and take a full-time load of classes, but fortunately I do like school and I love my courses. I was never this passionate about either of my previous degrees. Maybe I'll finally figure out what I want to be when I grow up.....

1 comment:

soybeanlover said...

glad you are having fun!! Sounds like a lot of fun.